Welcome to the home page of IONS Tucson 2016, hosted by the Student Optics Chapter (SOCk) at the University of Arizona College of Optical Sciences! We are very excited to host an IONS conference this year and we hope that you will attend. There is no cost to attend this conference, but there are many benefits, with many networking and professional development opportunities. At our IONS conference, attendees will have the opportunity to hear exciting research from around the world, as well as be exposed to the unique environment for optics research here at the College of Optical Sciences. Here’s a short list of why you won’t want to miss IONS Tucson:
- All out of town conference attendees will have their hotel paid for Friday-Sunday night at the Double Tree Inn and Suites. In addition, we have travel grants for international students and undergraduates. More information is on our travel page!
- This is a student conference! We have provided lots of opportunities for you to socialize with your fellow OSA students from around the globe, such as spending an evening in downtown Tucson, visiting the world renowned Desert Museum, a social poster session, and other chances throughout our four days together.
- A sit down breakfast is provided every morning by the Double Tree, and several other meals will be covered by the conference.
- Our invited speakers include the director of the BIO5 institute Dr. Jennifer Barton, the director of the Orthogonal Physics Enabled Nanophotonics (OPEN) lab Dr. Volker Sorger, Dr. Dae Wook Kim from the College of Optical Sciences, and Oculus Rift Lead Engineer Dr. Scott McEldowney.
- Our event programming includes panel discussions about careers in industry and academia, as well as learning how to best manage your student chapter.
We hope to see you in the fall! You can learn more about the Student Optics Chapter here.